Tuesday 16 August 2011

Snow in the city

Who'd have thought we'd have this much snow - again!  My poor wee patio still bears the scars of the earthquake in Feb - and now is covered with snow.  Still, at least it covers a lot of the damage.

Several apartment buildings in my street have been demolished over the last month.  What were ugly, bare sites are now beautiful white landscapes,  It didn't take the local children long to use the spaces for their snowball fights and snowmen.

On Monday I tried to drive to school in my wee car - I got as far as Moorhouse Ave before I decided that this was not a good idea, and I turned around and went home.

Today Mrs Maule picked me up in her 4WD and the leadership team all travelled in to school to work for a few house.  We contemplated making snow angels as we were leaving, but it had just started to rain, so we decided being warm and dry was more important.

I have enjoyed the snow, but can't wait for it to go now.
Ms Jennison
R16

No comments:

Post a Comment