Wednesday 17 August 2011

Seung Jae's Snow Day


On Monday morning I woke up thinking “school” and I headed straight for the shower. My mum had woken up by that time and pulled me into her room and when I opened my eyes….. SNOW I opened my mouth because I was really surprised but mostly happy knowing that school was off for the day.
Then I headed over to my next door neighbor Sam feeling like it was the holidays. When his dad opened the door I went into Sam’s room and saw him with breakfast in his lap looking outside at the thick sheets of snow.
Then we headed out seeking for something to make then we thought about the last time it snowed and we had seen an Igloo so we decided to make our own. So we went to work making the ball as big as possible. We lost track of time as we were making snow angels, diving on to the ground knowing that the snow would cushion our fall. After about 2 hours my mum’s friend came out admiring the white crystals and he saw we were making an igloo so he got a bucket and started making one. But because of the gusty winds and rain it fell over after about an hour of constructing.
The snow was fun while it lasted and I think the snow has got people happier and feeling more close to each other so if it ever snows again we can bond more with family and friends.
Seung-Jae Yoo, Room 17

No comments:

Post a Comment