Thursday 18 August 2011


My parents have gone away on a trip to Auckland, leaving me in charge of their cows. Now, this is not normally a big deal but today, it was a mission!!! They have 4 young calves and I needed to make sure they were okay. I drove out to their farm which is out in the country near Darfield. I was pleased to find that the snow there was only about 10 cm deep. I had to jump start the tractor using Dad’s ute because the battery had gone flat! Once the tractor got going, I drove down and picked up some BIG hay bales. Driving the tractor on the snow was, well…..an experience! Skidding, sliding, and getting struck!!! But phew, thank goodness. All 4 calves had hidden behind a tree line and were safe!!!!! Their mum’s had taken excellent care of them!

Mr Rodger

Room 14

No comments:

Post a Comment