Wednesday 17 August 2011

The Case of the Mysterious Footprint



As I crept to my letterbox this morning, I noticed something very strange outside my house. An unusual series of footprints were weaving a crooked line across the lawn.
They were not human, although they were the same length as an adult footprint. I put on my gumboots and went to investigate.
The track seemed to lead into the middle of the garden, but then suddenly stopped next to a tall tree. Could this mysterious creature have wings? Maybe it had been disturbed and taken flight into the safety of the tree...
Just then I noticed one of the snowy branches twitch slightly. A shower of soft, fluffy snow fell from one of the branches and suddenly – I spotted the creature!

It was my shivering, little grey meow called Stella! 
By Miss O’Brien-Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment