Wednesday 17 August 2011

Having Fun in the Snow

I could not believe it when I opened my curtains and saw piles and piles of snow. I was so excited! I couldn’t wait to get out into that snow. First stop was in my garden just running around in the snow. We did snow ball fights and we made snow angels.
Next it was Bowenvale Ave and Sunvale Terrace. Here I slid down the hill on my tummy on my bogie board. It was so much fun. I then tried standing up and surfing down a slope. This was even more exciting and fun.
Next it was back home for snowman making and another snow ball fight. We did that until a snow ball hit me in the eye.
Later in the afternoon we down to the park and dad pulled us around the park on our surfboards. We also slid down the sloped footpaths.
The next day I woke up to see even more snow. I was amazed and thought to myself yippee another snow day! We decided that we would return to the park and play for a bit. Then we went to the slopes of Rossmore Terrace. First I went down an icy slope on my bogie board. There was also a slope with a jump that I went over lots of times. This was so much fun.
Next I went surf boarding down the slopes. I was determined to get to the bottom without falling off! I did it! When Jessica tried she smashed her face in the snow – ouch!
After this we headed home. Jessica, me and Mum made a snow cave. Jessica could sit inside it.
I loved playing in the snow so much. I felt so glad that I got to play in the snow.
By Pippa
Room 10

No comments:

Post a Comment