Wednesday 17 August 2011

Brianna's Snow Day


Snow Day!!!

On Monday I woke up and I thought to myself, "I wonder if it snowed?" I decided to go downstairs to find out. When I passed Mum and Dad's bedroom Mum said, "School's off." and then I knew. After an hour of 
breakfast, getting ready and music practice I was ready to go.

I opened the door and jumped on to the snow and then I ran to get the sled from the shed.
 Since we live on a hill you don't have to go far to find a slope to go down  and after five minutes of trying out different slopes we found the perfect one. We live on a lane next to the Huntsbury reservoir and on the corner there is a really steep part of the lane and it was covered in the most perfect snow for sledding.

When I got on the sled I pushed off and went zooming down the hill. I got to the corner and I stuck my left hand into the snow to turn left.  I did the same with my right hand to turn right. At the bottom I stuck my hand in again so I drifted and turned around so that when I stopped I was facing backwards. I did this multiple times and then I got tired because after you have an awesome time going down you have to drag the sled back up again. Then we
went inside for lunch.

When we came out, the driveway we went down before had been driven down so we had to fix it up. We got bored doing that so we went to the driveway above our house. You didn't go that fast but Angus and I made a jump so it was more interesting. Then at the bottom of my track I made a wall of snow and crashed into it. Angus and I made a huge jump before it got dark and we had to go inside. 

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment